As I shared with you in my last post, REFLECTION is a key skill that every entrepreneur and business owner must cultivate.
And yes, pausing and taking a moment to reflect on where you've been and how far you've come is incredibly important. But that's just one side of the coin.
On the flip side, you must also look ahead and begin IDENTIFYING the things you WANT to happen in your life and in your business.
You must start focusing on the things you want and take personal responsibility to make them happen. They won't just happen on their own!
And this is why many people feel frustrated when they set goals. Too often, people put all these goals out there because it's what they think they're *supposed* to do.
But what typically happens? They fail to meet their goal(s). They look around and notice that even though they set that goal, nothing seems to have changed. So they get upset and think something is wrong with the goal, and scrap it altogether.
They mistakenly think that by setting the goal things are going to magically change, and this simply isn't true.
Yes, goals serve a purpose. Goals propel us forward. Goals give us something to work toward.
But a goal on it's on is meaningless.
The magic happens when you take personal responsibility and commit to taking action toward that goal.
The tricky part? Knowing what action to take!
So, building on Part I of the questions for reflection in my last post, here’s Part II of our series of 10 short questions. (You can find Part I here).
These questions will help you think about what it is you want, and then set you on the path to breaking that goal down into one, concrete action step that you can do today to take you closer to that goal.
I want you to take 5 minutes to yourself and pause to reflect on the following questions. Trust whatever answers come to mind first. (Bonus points if you spend a few moments journaling your answers to each one!)
Think about the following as you look ahead at the next 12 months:
6. What is one thing you want to be able to say that you've accomplished by Dec 31, 2018?
7. What has to happen between now and then in order for you to make that desire a reality?
8. Organize those thoughts: what has to happen first? next? after that?
9. Are all of these things within your power to control? (In other words, make sure that YOU are responsible for the outcome of each of these action-steps, and that your action-steps do not depend on someone else in order for them to happen).
10. What is one thing you can do today, specifically, to take you closer to your goal?
PS: If you're not yet a member of our exclusive #StressLESS Tribe community, request to join us here! It's an incredible group of highly driven, motivated entrepreneurs who are all supporting each other in their journey to a less stressed, more fulfilling life. I'd love to see you there!